Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Location of Fuel Return Line on '82 BRAT w/ EA81

Hey everyone, 

I'm almost finished swapping the old 1 BBL Carter/Weber with a new 32/36 Weber, however there are still a few finishing touches that I may need to get done before it is officially complete. In the Weber installation instructions, it says that if there is a fuel return line, then it will need to be capped off. Does my brat have a fuel return line and if so where is it? I can see three hoses that come off the fuel filter, one from the top of the fuel filter and two from its base. I know that one must be the main fuel line, but I am not sure what each one exactly is. Also, some writeups on here say to connect the old Y-shaped fuel inlet from the old carburetor to the new Weber. If this is the case, what are the two hoses that must connect to the inlet?

P.S. This whole project has been a huge learning lesson for me not to take apart things without taking pictures or at least tagging and identifying components. 

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...