Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1987 GL radiator and power steering hose

Hello All!

I am looking for a radiator for a 1987 GL. Anybody have one they are willing to part with?

I am also looking for the type of AN fitting on power steering hose for the same '87 GL. Anyone know what type/thread of AN fitting that the hose uses? I am looking to find an adaptor for the hardline hoses on the frame to fit a power steering hose for a 1998 EJ22.

you can buy a radiator on rock auto.

For the lines, I recently made my own hard line for the pressure line on my RX.  The fittings on the old line were M14x1.5 on both ends.  Amazon had an M14x1.5 to 6AN adapter and then I used the brainded teflon hose to make the line.  Worked great.

Edited by Scoby4wd

Why do you want to use an EJ PS hose? You’ve got me curious. 

If you’re doing an EJ converion the PS lines plug straight into the EA82 rack for RHD vehicles. I’d imagine it’s the same for LHD vehicles even though there’s a block to connect to. 

Cheers 

Bennie

Edited by el_freddo

On 2/4/2022 at 7:06 AM, Scoby4wd said:

you can buy a radiator on rock auto.

For the lines, I recently made my own hard line for the pressure line on my RX.  The fittings on the old line were M14x1.5 on both ends.  Amazon had an M14x1.5 to 6AN adapter and then I used the brainded teflon hose to make the line.  Worked great.

Thanks! I will look into the AN fittings and Rock Auto. Didn't think to look there, only checked my local auto parts stores.

On 2/4/2022 at 1:32 PM, el_freddo said:

Why do you want to use an EJ PS hose? You’ve got me curious. 

If you’re doing an EJ converion the PS lines plug straight into the EA82 rack for RHD vehicles. I’d imagine it’s the same for LHD vehicles even though there’s a block to connect to. 

Cheers 

Bennie

Well, I tossed the EA82 PS pump before I checked to see if the existing lines would be compatible with the EJ22 PS pump. I found out that they aren't compatible. The hard line that ends the existing hose is to long to thread into the pump and the threads are different. When I have looked at EJ22 power steering lines they don't look to have the same configuration as the EA82 lines and since the threads on the pump side is different I'm guessing they are different on the hard line side.