Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking for advice on how to part ways with my GL

I've had an '84 GL sedan as my daily for four years now. It's been a great car but it's at the point of having more issues than I can take care of. Blown shocks, electrical problems, bad synchros, a very substantial rust problem, and it's FWD so parts are scarce and demand is low. And I'm in Canada so those last two problems are even worse. The EA81 is in decent shape and the interior is nearly perfect, but I can't part it out myself. Is there any demand a car like this? The last thing I want is for it to get scrapped. Any advice would be appreciated!

Wouldn’t normally recommend drugs or alcohol but given all its stated issues maybe just send it to a yard and hope for the best that someone finds some value from it , and proceed to numb the skull. Turn the page. Start your next chapter. 

Now don’t take this as just words from someone who hasn’t lived your life. At least the same moment/event. 

Gosh , I’ve pushed way too many down the road that I would have , could have , should have ...... etc.

Top of my head list:

1976 GF authentic old lady car with like 57k mostly all there but I couldn’t deal with the spot it did have. Right where the suspension meets the body. Complete shame. The shiny panels are still around and that transmission helped a friend and it lives on to this day....

All my Brats and that’s be a solid half dozen. 

A few 80’s , probably several that were really worth someone’s effort , but Not mine at that time. An RX I got a bit ripped off on comes to mind.

And then my 92 Legacy which had over 350k when I sold it , really wanted to see that car hit the half million mark and maybe it will since that guy has it running in Massachusetts.

You do your best , you try , but in the end , it’s The End. 

Hope that helps. Best of luck. 

Easy in the drugs and alcohol. Maybe substitute meditation. 

Edited by moosens
More silliness