Ultimate Subaru Message Board

door locks locking when key is in crank position 2001 outback

im not sure ill be looking into it today but im curious if anyone els has ever has this issue.  swapped the radio out the other day i had a pioneer radio and swapped it for a better model pioneer radio. somehow in the process after i finished i noticed the doors locked but dident think anything of it other than i must have bumped the switch. next morning i remote start my car go out and its locked. wonder to myself why and then drive to work. stopped at he store and when i come back out and start the car the doors locked as soon as the key hit the crack position. somehow changing the radio has caused my door locks to lock when the key is in crank position. has anyone ever heard of this happening? for now ive pulled the door lock fuse its suposed to rain all day im planning to pull the radio back out to re check behind it. anyone have any ideas what could have happened?

Did  you have to rewire the radio?  

If it's just plug and play radio swap I'd put the old one back in.  I'm guessing a different ground.  

With a remote start, security system you are dealing with a few unknowns in there.

29 minutes ago, lmdew said:

Did  you have to rewire the radio?  

If it's just plug and play radio swap I'd put the old one back in.  I'm guessing a different ground.  

With a remote start, security system you are dealing with a few unknowns in there.

the old radio i had the wiring harness to just color code the wires together and plug it into the stock radio plug. all i did was unhook the old radios harness and wire the new one into the adapter harness. the remote start has been in the car for near 3 years now its never done this and have it installed under the drivers side dash area. i do plan to unplug it for testing when i get a chance to but likely not today due to rain. trying to build a game plan of things to look into when the time comes. i did not cut any of the cars wiring to ad the remote star instead i went to a junk yard and cut the male and female plugs from the harnesses id have to wire into and wired it so i can unplug the remote start and plug it back in like factory so in the future i could just unplug the remote start and move it into another car plug and play style.

Edited by sirtokesalot