Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Seatbelt chime. I can’t stop it!

2007 Outback AT 2.5

Yes I tried the seatbelt buckle 20 times in and out with the key on then turn off.

I tried it in different ways and counts it still chimes. I hooked up my scanner and can see the seatbelt switch making and breaking on/off so I know that works. I reset all the codes and disconnected the battery then tried the 20 plug and unplug still nothing happened.

It’s possible that it’s chiming for another reason? But I can’t see why. I didn’t want to rip out the chime unless I need to.

thanks for any input

Are you saying the chime is on all of the time??

I will try and find my old post but I never had a problem stopping the chime on my 05 OB that warns if I hadn't buckled my seat belt.

Found old post:
Turn the key in the ignition to "on", the spot just before starting the engine. Buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 20 times within 30 seconds. Immediately take the key out of the ignition. Enjoy your chime-less Subaru :)
Edit: you only have to do this once and the chime is off for good. Unless your battery dies. Also, you can toggle the chime on/off by following the same instructions. This worked for me,

If that fails, I found this procedure with one variation:
try this procedure... I dug it out of NASIOC
Step 1. Sit in the driver's seat and close the door.
Step 2. Insert the key in the ignition and turn to the "on" position (but do not start the engine).
Step 3. Fasten and unfasten the seat belt 20 times within 30 seconds. Then, within 10 seconds, open and close the driver's door.
Step 4. The chime will sound when you start the car, but it will not repeatedly sound if the seat belt is not fastened.

keep us posted.

Edited by brus brother

assuming you using the drivers seatbelt for all of this, but have you considered the passenger seat as well? what about back seats?

is there something sitting on the seat (passenger) that the car might think is a person??
there are sensors in the seats that will set off the chime until the seatbelts are buckled - it is possible one has gone bad?

I know the passenger side pressure switch is faulty. The chime is In time with the passenger seatbelt light on the interior roof console. No pressure is on the seat. The alarm stays on and beeps around 12-15 time in strings after a pause of about 5 seconds.

I’ll try to disconnect the battery longer than 1/2 hr and see if I can redo the cheat again. But yes I did everything other than open the drivers door afterwords.

I do have a few extra seats but it looks involved to replace the wiring with the heated seats

16 hours ago, bullseye451 said:

I know the passenger side pressure switch is faulty. The chime is In time with the passenger seatbelt light on the interior roof console. No pressure is on the seat. The alarm stays on and beeps around 12-15 time in strings after a pause of about 5 seconds.

I’ll try to disconnect the battery longer than 1/2 hr and see if I can redo the cheat again. But yes I did everything other than open the drivers door afterwords.

I do have a few extra seats but it looks involved to replace the wiring with the heated seats

if the passenger seat switch is faulty, there is you problem, and I doubt you will resolve it until you address the problem.

found this  -  might help? (i did not watch it, so, no idea how involved)

• Like 1