Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 performance cams, gaskets, internals, etc. ???

Whats goin on out there all you in subaru land. Anywho it's good to be back on the board after a long intermission. One of the many soob's I've just recently gotten running again is my beloved XT. Purrs like a kitten and the idiot at the local subaru dealership told me my turbo to non-turbo conversion wouldn't work (I've also been told by the same dealership that Subarus don't have freeze plugs, no joke). poop on him. Anyways I'm going to be putting my old turbo onto the 9:1 block with a boost controller so it should be fun. Does anyone out there know where i can get a good set of cams and/or head gaskets for this frankenstein, and on a lesser note performance parts in general for an EA82. I've heard rumors but none of them have panned out so far. Thanks in advance for the help guys. See you at the soob show.

Where did you get this 9:1 block? Turbo's were 7.7:1, carbs were 8.5:1, and SPFI was 9.5:1....

WJM tried a 9.5:1 turbo - didn't last long. Do a search and you'll find his threads on it I'm sure. Not a good idea with the stock turbo setup it seems.

As for cam's - Delta Cam in Tacoma can grind whatever you want. Several people here on the board have Delta cam's of various grinds in their EA82's

GD