Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just got a free 86 GL-10 Wagon!

I came across this gem today when I was helping my grandfather cut down some tree at his friends house. Started talking to the guy about my brat and he asked me if I wanted his 86 GL-10 turbo wagon 4x4 . Only problem is it has a bad tranny. It has been sitting since 97. Body is in good shape. Just covered with leaves and spiderwebs. I just have to go and get it with the trailer. Now I just need to get a new tranny for it. Any body know where I can find a good automatic transmission at? Any help would be appeciated. Thanks!

I came across this gem today when I was helping my grandfather cut down some tree at his friends house. Started talking to the guy about my brat and he asked me if I wanted his 86 GL-10 turbo wagon 4x4 . Only problem is it has a bad tranny. It has been sitting since 97. Body is in good shape. Just covered with leaves and spiderwebs. I just have to go and get it with the trailer. Now I just need to get a new tranny for it. Any body know where I can find a good automatic transmission at? Any help would be appeciated. Thanks!
holy crap, you got a free turbo wagon. Wow, good for you.:slobber:

Don't go for the autos, since they suck. completely. i mean, you can if you want, but if you wanna off road at all its definitely manual all the way. you can post what you want in the marketplace board, either way. there are tons of subageeks up in northern west coast so youre probably covered in the tranny dept. you can even get help from them to put it in, im sure. good luck, skeet

Hi Keith , I am interested in the wagon. Always could use a good parts car. Do you have the title? Besides the motor what else is wrong with it? Let me know and we can set something up. Thanks, Richard.

I have an 89 turbo with a bad motor and a good auto tranny. If you want the tranny, take the whole car - free. Then you'll have a parts car too. I'm in the east Bay Area, about 4 hours from paso robles. PM me if interested. Keith

Looks like SubaruRichie might be taking the wagon. I'll be happy that my GL-10 goes to someone on the board who can use it for parts or get it going again. I still would like to try to pull the rear discs for my Brat, so maybe we'll work something out. :brow:

Keith