Ultimate Subaru Message Board

search and no find.....????????

well here is the deal....i picked up the brat,runs strong, tranny bad.....previous owner said that it needed a rebuild{at300,000} i would imagine so....baccaruda saw this wagon,as usual he inquired.had an extra engine ,i talked to the folks today and the lady told me the wagon needed brakework and a gander at the clutch.......but it was not for sale.i said i would do the brake work and look at the clutch for the engine...she said okidoki,maybe.well the engine has 17000 original miles on it, yes don't faint, i said 17000 original miles..... now i have to find the stuff for her brake job.i was thinking of taking my drums off for her... hence the ?......whew sorry , i been dyin to tell somebody that .

I'm with Junkie. Go to the local Pull a Part and take the entire rear brake setup off a 4WD turbo....backing plate, hub, rotor, caliper and pads. It's a direct bolt on and will be less work than repairing a set of drums for the rear. Just be sure ahead of time that the problem with her brakes is the fact that the rears need work and not a problem with the master cylinger or something like that. If her's is a 2WD gen2, you need to find rear disks from a 2WD turbo; backing plate and hub is different.