Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newby: Slightly Extreme Project!

Bit of a crazy project that i want to complete in the next couple of months, and i am wondering if anyone is as nuts as me..... ;)

I own an EA82 subaru, and i am intending to supercharge it with an sc12 supercharger from a toyota 4a-gze engine. the s.c. will sit atop the engine, on top of a custom manifold, with a new carby installed behind the s.c. in the spare tire well area... because of the layout, and my dis-like for bonnet scoops, i will need to use a side-draft carby in suck-through configeration.

Is anyone willing to own up to wanting to do this as well... :D - or does anyone have any information, or ideas (other than an ej20t...) that i could use?

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Cheers

Cheers guys, hadn't thought about efi, should prob use the ea82 turbo wiring loom then, means it can account for boost... :D

I will be sure to post update pics as it progresses over the next couple of months, should be a "bit" of a sleeper as it will be pushing about 110kW at the wheels once the heads have new metal spacer gaskets.... :)

DJBob,

Steve @ Rising Sun Automotive in Adelaide has done this, on LPG I beleive.

He is a really nice bloke, I have spoken to him a few weeks ago.

Here is a link:

http://www.ausubaru.com/ausubaru/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1161

Nice to see another Taswegian on the board, I am in Swansea but hit Hobart every week, Keep an eye out for the lifted white LOUD Brumby.

Cheers

Matt