Ultimate Subaru Message Board

knockin' engine

Hi guys!

I put some auwfull fuel in my 86' gl 4WD Coupe, EA82 carb, and the engine started to knock and pinking. Neither the basic 800-900 rot/min wasn't work. After checkin' all the carb the diagnosis was wrong qulity fuel. This problem was solved with a few liters of good fuel. But from this moment when I try to accellerate quick with a brave push on the gas especially from 1400 to 2000 rot/min the engine starts to knocking. Is this because of the adwanse of ignition or because there is something finishing in the engine? The engine is in original situation after 170000Km. No touch at the spark distribuitor, in fact anywhere in the engine. Changed timing belts at 150000 Km.

Just cool me down that's not a big ****!

thanks!!!!

my engine was knocking but i put some 4cylinder oil treatment in it and it stop doing it, it would be worth a try atleast.

yeah, just put some of the red junk in there, clean any water/condensation out of our tank at the same time. go fo the full effect: put the treatment in at full tank and cap off your tank when it reaches half. it's good for your car to stretch it out as long as you can.. like 3-4 refills.

you guys are talking about two different things... the 4 cylinder engine treatment vegas blade is talking about goes in your oil. which has nothing to do with why ocsikes car is knocking.

your car is sufffering from fuel knock. get some octane boost and run that for tank and next time make sure you are getting good fuel. also turn your timing down a little bit.