Ultimate Subaru Message Board

a Few Questions on the RX

Ok Well i got it running now, but the main issue i have is that when its just idleing it blow exhaust out from the Oil Filler Tube But if i rev it up to about 3k it just stops, now this motor does have 192k on it, but it really doesent run that bad.

Secondly is there anyway to get the mildew smell out of the car without taking the carpet and everything out? it sat for a few months (close to a year) with the passenger side window down (wouldent go back up) and got rain and snow everywhere.

other than that its a pretty good car i think and i cant complain too much i only paid $50 for it.

Ok Well i got it running now, but the main issue i have is that when its just idleing it blow exhaust out from the Oil Filler Tube But if i rev it up to about 3k it just stops, now this motor does have 192k on it, but it really doesent run that bad.

Are you sure that it is exhaust gas that is coming out of the filler tube, don't you have the cap on? There is a certain amount of pressure that is normal in the crank case, but you might want to replace your PCV, use only a genuine Subaru valve though, other will not function properly.

Are you sure that it is exhaust gas that is coming out of the filler tube, don't you have the cap on? There is a certain amount of pressure that is normal in the crank case, but you might want to replace your PCV, use only a genuine Subaru valve though, other will not function properly.

Well i guess that its Exhaust and yes i do have a cap on it but it comes out anyways i will try replacing the PCV soon

Well, i can't help you on the exhaust problem, i'm not old enough.

As for the mildew; shampoo it w/ a green machine or something if possible; febreez the living **** out of it, then put dryer sheets in all pockets and under everything for a month- it will make your eyes water at first, leave them in a week with the car closed up, then air her out- the scent should have absorbed into the upolstry