Ultimate Subaru Message Board

89 Brat, need help.

Hello Submariners,

I am writing from Australia in the hope somebody can help me with info to help me with the restoration of my 89 Brat, yeh, you heard me, 89, we got them new down here until 92-3.

First of all some background info on the car, my Brat is not exactly stock, it is fitted with twin carbs, ported and polished heads, lightened flywheel, dual unrestricted exhausts, Bosch electronic coil, 4 wheel disc brakes, 14" wheels, etc, etc and yes she goes like hell unleashed which is where my problem begins.

As l am quite fond of windscreens, (they keep bugs out of my beard), can anybody please supply me with a diagram of the rear cage or rollover bar fitted to these to combat body flex.

My second question is, how can l get hold of a Brat/FWD sticker for the tail gate, we called them Brumby's down here, hardly a fitting desciption for this devil, so any information would be gratefully received.

l can be mailed direct at redskin@dodo.com.au.

Redskin.

Hey Redskin sounds like a fun ride. Don't know bout the body flex cure, but will trade you a brat sticker for a brumby sticker. I assume you are speaking of the aprx. 4 inch square one on the tailgate. This is the one I would trade: http://willsmith.dtdns.net/Pictures/Current%20Project/photos/photo_3.html

Thanks for your reply Will, yes this is possible and please forward your postal address to my e-mail address, redskin@dodo.com.au, so l can arrange delivery to you. l was impressed by your Brat, it looks like a well used weapon, mine is undergoing a full restoration at the moment but will post photo's soon or as soon as the paint goes on. This one is number 5 for me, why would you want to drive anything else.

redskin