Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WHOO HOO & BOO HOO

whoo hoo cause the subie passed emissions finally..boo hoo cause it cost another $15 for the test...$45 for a new o2 sensor which the guys mechanic said he put in new but when taken out CERTAINLY wasnt new and $75 to the emissions guru to intall said part...but, all is good to go and it idles better now also..

so, another plug for the s. seattle emission guy warren!!

alan

Glad to hear it's finally through. Happy New Year!

whoo hoo cause the subie passed emissions finally..boo hoo cause it cost another $15 for the test...$45 for a new o2 sensor which the guys mechanic said he put in new but when taken out CERTAINLY wasnt new and $75 to the emissions guru to intall said part...but, all is good to go and it idles better now also..

so, another plug for the s. seattle emission guy warren!!

alan

He knows how much the waiver cost... after dealing with emissions for several days I don't believe he was a happy camper. (I've been there, too.) That "new" O2 sensor (installed recently by another mech) that S.Sea guy pulled out did not look anything like new. And, amazingly, a brand-new-out-of-the-box Bosch O2 sensor worked wonders!

He did seem VERY happy with this S. Seattle guy, who, BTW, can issue waivers.

He knows how much the waiver cost... after dealing with emissions for several days I don't believe he was a happy camper. (I've been there, too.) That "new" O2 sensor (installed recently by another mech) that S.Sea guy pulled out did not look anything like new. And, amazingly, a brand-new-out-of-the-box Bosch O2 sensor worked wonders!

He did seem VERY happy with this S. Seattle guy, who, BTW, can issue waivers.

Warren is a gem. He's saved me over $1000 in un-necessary costs over the last 10 years and we never had to waiver the car. When he was done, it passed.