Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2 issues...mosty solved!

So one of the lines going to the heater core was leaking..small...but enough to leave random puddles...and i couldnt smell it...plus enough to be of concern over long trips.

I moved and tightened the clamp...its still leaking evidently...so...more hose for me before i go to the Dragon.

As for the Fuel Cut Gremlin (FCG)...its 90% solved.

I followed DIS (Do It SIdeways) advice and made a honeycomb of straws in the MAF filter adapter, and used panty hose stretched over it under the folter to hold the straws in good and tight.

So...now i can do 20+ seconds at WOT on stock boost before aything happens...aka ecessive speed, traffic...ect...no FCG!!!! Up the boost and its around 10 seconds its doing it again...but not as bad.

BUT...i now have some clutch slip around the peak TQ RPMs...2800~3200...at stock boost...and anything more than stock its clutch slip city until it heats up and get some RPMs to it. :banghead:

I've also seemed to pick up some TQ and off idle response and the hesitation that was there is 90% gone as well.

Pics to come soon.

As for the Fuel Cut Gremlin (FCG)...its 90% solved.

I followed DIS (Do It SIdeways) advice and made a honeycomb of straws in the MAF filter adapter, and used panty hose stretched over it under the folter to hold the straws in good and tight.

Pics! Pics! What type of panty hose do you recommend? Sheer Energy or another type that runs? Whatcha doin' with panty hose Will? :-p I'll stop now!