Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It won't go

93 Subaru Justy 122,000 miles and it has been running good. My wife was driving it and it was running good. She parked it and when she came out about in an hour it would start and die several times. After a few trys it would start and idle but would die when she tried to go. She could never make it go and she noticed the check engine light is on. What do I need to check when I go get it?

I have posted this on the Justy board also

L.D.

I hauled it home. Looked under the hood and a vacuum line was lose. I thought hummm that can't be the problem. Pluged the line in and it runs fine. The check engine also went out. I haven't took it out yet other than back and forth in the drive way. In the attached photo just to the left of where I typed "problem" is where the vacuum line plugs in. What is that?

L.D.

post-1404-136027598525_thumb.jpg

Thats the map sensor, used to determine engine load, for the air/fuel calculation. I imagine it would run like crap with that disconnected.

I hauled it home. Looked under the hood and a vacuum line was lose. I thought hummm that can't be the problem. Pluged the line in and it runs fine. The check engine also went out. I haven't took it out yet other than back and forth in the drive way. In the attached photo just to the left of where I typed "problem" is where the vacuum line plugs in. What is that?

L.D.