Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lowered & Removable Jumpseats

Hey all

I was wondering if anyone has tried to lower the jumpseats by cutting the seat frame down and rewelding it. I was thinking about lowering them about 4-6" so everyone that sits in them, their heads don't poke out above the top of the brat.

Also I was also planning on making the Jumpseats removable so I could use the truck bed when needed as a truck bed but not lose the kick rump roast seats. Has anyone attempted this? How well did it work??

Thanks

Jerry (bratsrus) did mine for me. He welded two strips of metal under the seats, side to side, and drilled 4 holes in them and also in the bed to match. then we bolted them in and he welded the nuts under the bed so i can unbolt the seats from the top side. It looks great and it would be hard to come up with a better idea..

So how much did you drop the seats? And did it help the head height issue? I plan on cutting off the entire rails that mount to the bed and rebend new ones, mine are badly rusted.

I'd dont really mind using bolts to hold the seats down but mabe using something like a hood pin or something that would be strong enought and wont come loose. I saw a 5th wheel mount that used locking pins kinda like the ones that craftsman uses on their good sockets. Basiclly you can pull them as hard as you want but they wont budge without pushing the release button. But for offroad use I would imagine that nice big lag bolts would do the trick.