Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 clutch/bellhousing clearance? **thanks to all**

I'm about to make the adapter for my EJ22 engine - to - EA82 transmission swap.

the adapter should be made from 12mm thick aluminum to match the EA82's original bellhousing depth.

from what i can tell so far, 12mm aluminum may be hard to find.. but 11mm is exactly 1/2" which is easier to find.

so if i end up making a 11mm(1/2") adapter instead of 12mm, am i going to have issues with the throwout bearing clearing the pressure plate if it's 1mm closer to the pressure plate than it's "supposed" to be?

i've changed a few EA82 clutches but i don't have the expertise to know this off the top of my head. thanks to whoever can help.

I'm about to make the adapter for my EJ22 engine - to - EA82 transmission swap.

the adapter should be made from 12mm thick aluminum to match the EA82's original bellhousing depth.

from what i can tell so far, 12mm aluminum may be hard to find.. but 11mm is exactly 1/2" which is easier to find.

so if i end up making a 11mm(1/2") adapter instead of 12mm, am i going to have issues with the throwout bearing clearing the pressure plate if it's 1mm closer to the pressure plate than it's "supposed" to be?

i've changed a few EA82 clutches but i don't have the expertise to know this off the top of my head. thanks to whoever can help.

1/2"= 12.700mm

.700mm is less than 1/32" of a inch.

ya man take it form me, itds not that hard to make, oyu just have to think a little bit, a set of center transfer punches will help alot, i didnt use them cause i didnt know my dad had them, they will help out to center the holes in the adapter plate, and 1/2 inch is almost 13mm, i used 1/2'' and it worked beautifully. just take you time. if it takes you three times as long as you think it should have, you did it right.

~Josh~