Ultimate Subaru Message Board

88 gl-10

I found a 88 gl-10 for sale with 102,000 on the odometer. the guy says he has to get $550 for it. test drove it, usual lifter tick from under the hood, lots of power, brakes a little stale when stopping. So mechanically I say its ok. body wise...really rough, he has foil tape around the winshield and all over the body to plug the holes. hasn't been inspected in pa since 2-04. asking the board, is it worth it or wait for a better one to come along. I wrecked my 89 3 dr so I'm looking for another set of economic wheels. thanks

if it has that many holes, and hasn't been inpsected in a long time, you have to wonder if it will pass inspection.

Being the cheap skate I am, I would offer him $100 if it really is mechanically sound, or I would pass and lay down the cash for something you don't have to mess with.

I agree with calebz... but then I probably have a different view of rust then people in your region. I look to see how much moss is growing on the car, not how many rust holes it has. :rolleyes: If the moss in the rain gutters is over 3 inches high, then you know it has been sitting for a couple of years.