Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what turbos will fit a ea82t w/o much mods?

tysn

I have a VF10 on my EA82T but used to have a VF8 and have used a VF24 as well. All these turbos require the manifold flange changed & the compressor housing rotated around 180degrees so the outlet faces upwards. Also need to modify the wastegate actuator mounts because of the compressor housing being rotated. Unfortunately there are no replacement turbos that will bolt straight on...hope this helps.

Simon

That pretty much sums it up right there.

So far from what I have seen, the TD04 is still the closest to a straight swap with easiest availability.

Nah..the VF-11 (Legacy Turbo) was really easy also.

All the stock coolant and oil lines bolted right up.

Just needed to change the flanges. Intake needed to be rotated for my application... and the wastegate accutator needed to be modded...nothing incredibly hard though, especially when i did a DIY exhaust manifold in the process

Nah..the VF-11 (Legacy Turbo) was really easy also.

All the stock coolant and oil lines bolted right up.

Just needed to change the flanges. Intake needed to be rotated for my application... and the wastegate accutator needed to be modded...nothing incredibly hard though, especially when i did a DIY exhaust manifold in the process

That may be true, but notice the qualifier "with easiest availability"

TD04s are a dime a dozen here in the states. VF11s are quite a bit harder to come by.