Ultimate Subaru Message Board

AARGG!! More troubles on the 92 Loyale.

So I fixed the exhuast leak and put a 180 tstat in it today and got it inspected. I changed out the dash so the speedo works.

I fired it right up and drove out of the parking lot. Grabbed second gear and the engine cut out. Almost like a timing belt. I coast to the side of the road about 100 ft from the garage I was at. Pop the hood and both tbelts are there.

I walk up to the garage and they give me a tow back up there. No spark. Replace the distributor still nothing. Then I notice when I turn the key none of the lights flick on like they should (check engine, oil, etc..). I checked all the fuses and fusable links. Nothing. What the heck happened? ANd how can I get it running again?

does the rotor spin? It could be the timing belt stripped a few teeth like it did on mine a while back.

On a brand new belt?

I will check if the rotor spins, but it wasn't getting spark from the coil and the dash lights weren't coming on.

Could it be the ECU? Will one from a turbo car work?

Hey Tin---My guess is that an important connector in the dash has worked loose since you found all fusible links and fuses to be O.K.. Also if you post most everything about a particular car in one thread, you'll get more readers and thus more good advice. If your still able to pull the DTCs, that be my 2nd plan.