Ultimate Subaru Message Board
TheSubaruJunkie

Wierd CEL action on EA82T

I drove my RX from Sacramento to Reno this morning and i noticed my CEL was on. It only came on at high altitude through the pass, and as soon as I let my foot of the gas it would go out. I started paying attention to the activity and i noticed the CEL would come on if I was boosting for a prolonged amount of time. Usually long uphill stretches, and as soon as I let off the gas (had to get off the gas, not just get off boost) the CEL would go out.

I havent checked for any codes, but ive also noticed the car hesitates if I try to cruise and keep intake pressure at 0psi the car hesitates alot. It only runs smooth when its under boost.

-Brian

I've had this happen to me too. CEL's on long uphill boostings. I would think the car is telling you its knocking. But I dunno..

I dunno either, the stereo was too loud to hear any knocking. I did turn it down to listen for engine noise, but i couldnt hear anything. I was also traveling at 80+ and my exhaust is pretty loud at that stage.

I guess I'll check for codes and try to track it down. Im thinking my TPS might need some adjusting.

-Brian