Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Back in the Saddle AGAIN!!

Hello yall, i've been not posting for some time now (cept in OT) because I and my roo were going thru some outages. I made the mistake of threatening her with divorce and she got terribly offended and started breaking down. I eventually apologized and brought her back to the good, working status she's always been in. so anyway, jus wanted to say im back in the game, and i have some new plays to bring to the field. alright, here goes.

First off, I decided to chuck in about a grand to accomplish at least one thing: make DeDe run PERFECTLY. I know, i know, its near impossible to get a car like mine in the same condition it was when it was new, however, i will attempt it as far as possible. some plans include new tires, new brake pads etc (brakes need work altogether), interior detailing, cv boot replacement, and - since she's leaking from every oraface possible - perhaps replace a few gaskets in the engine.

next, im going to enhance my trip-taking entertainmentage by adding in a sound system. i already have a plan for this involving $40 computer speakers and two 120 watt computer subs.

im doing the same.

so far i installed a new custom exhaust, plugs wires cap rotor, tyres, KYB struts, I bought the gasket kit so im going to fix the engine leaks (i swear EVERY damn seal leaks) waiting on warmer weather for that. timing belts are here, prabably getting it painted and a new windsheild. I had the dent guy take care of all the dents already. I restuffed the drivers seat, i used about 2 yards of batting, i should have used more i think.

But... if you fix it so it doesn't leak... how will you know it has fluid in it?

Sounds like a good project. Pull the engine out, it'll make it easier to do the seals (and make it possible to do the rear main seal).

-=Russ=-

• 1 month later...
question;

like the paint job on the wagon....what type of paint did you use for the bottom half/(black) sparkster

although this reply may be a few months late, i used glossy black $1 spray paint from home depot. worked nicely. this way i dont wash my car, i just spray more paint on it. :rolleyes: