Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Heater Blower Wacky

Hellol First time post. I've got a few problems to work out. I'll start with only one. I have a 1986 Subaru GL carbed, EA82. Love this car. My heater blower works fine when the engine is cold. If I leave the car running the heater blower will run forever whether the engine is hot or cold. If I turn the car off when the engine is warm, the heater blower will not turn on again after I start the car up again. At first I thought that the problem was intermittent, but after a few hundred episodes of this, I am almost certain that the problem is related to the temperature of the engine.

Any help would be appreciated.

It just seems odd that the blower motor will work fine for hours at a time at any and all speeds as long as I don't turn the engine off. I'm afraid a JY motor may do the same thing. I'll try NAPA or some other auto parts.

I'd bet the motor is fine and the wiring is messed.

Try jumping power to the blower and see if it behaves?

Put a volt-o-meter on it next time it don't wanna play and see if your getting power?

My money is on the resistors for the speed setting are messed or in the process of messing up. Check your grounds too!

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester