Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale 3AT transmission vent PLEASE HELP

Ok you fine folks, I posted an hour ago and not one of you had the time to reply.. so I will keep it simple. please, if anyone knows if there is a transmission vent on a 1991 loyale 3AT I will really appreciate the reply. thanks. FGUG

hmm, I want to say yes, there is.

I have one outside a car back at home. IIRC, there was some sort of tube going from the tranny to nowhere.

I can look when I get back tomorrow evening/monday morning

thankyou!! I will check right now!

Yikes!!!

"Ok you fine folks, I posted an hour ago and not one of you had the time to reply.."

Well now, shame on us.

Will any other member join me in this

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRaaaTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

to this gentleman that finds us derilict as we did not answer in his time frame.

Ok you fine folks, I posted an hour ago and not one of you had the time to reply.. so I will keep it simple. please, if anyone knows if there is a transmission vent on a 1991 loyale 3AT I will really appreciate the reply. thanks. FGUG

hey, you need to understand that most of us don't have an auto tranny, thus the lack of immediate feedback...good luck getting any future answers..

Yikes!!!

"Ok you fine folks, I posted an hour ago and not one of you had the time to reply.."

Well now, shame on us.

Will any other member join me in this

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRaaaTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

to this gentleman that finds us derilict as we did not answer in his time frame.

I know you are an "elite" member.. rest assured, I meant no harm.. BUT I am DESPERATE!! so, I needed to try to put some fire under your hide, that's all. I thought you were all here to help.. but, be that as it may, I took to the problem and located a 6" hose going from the top of the tranny to the back of the toque converter housing. I pulled off one end and the pressure released.. I drove the car with the hose detached and drove it hard for about 6 miles.. came home, pulled the tranny dip, NO PRESSURE!!! But.. will this be a safe way to travel? and what does this hose do?.. no offense and many apologies to anyone that was put off with my post.. thank you FGUG

Hey! Within 30 minutes of getting home I posted your answer. cut us some slack! :) I happen to have an FSM and a tranny sitting out of the car.

Check your trhread for details.

TTFN!

Jeez, you guys are sensitive.. I did cut you slack.. I was the one who was impatient, and acknowledged that. thank you and I appreciate all the feedback. I was just getting no help from my manuals, and you all have hands on practice

Jeez, you guys are sensitive.. I did cut you slack..

Its not that we as a whole are particularily sensitive. It would be more appropriate to say that not all of us spend every waking moment on the board *GASP*. Amazingly enough there are occasions when there is not much activity and a post that was made a whole hour ago may not have come to the knowledgable fruition that we all hope for when posting a thread.

Following your original post up with things like

Ok you fine folks, I posted an hour ago and not one of you had the time to reply.. so I will keep it simple

Will do nothing but irritate the people that would otherwise help you.

I thought you were all here to help..

We are. That does not mean however, that we are sitting here eagerly awaiting new thread so we can race each other in an effort to answer them,

I needed to try to put some fire under your hide

Nor do we need fires under our collective hide. Most of us have spouses and jobs that we can turn to if we are dying for someone to indulge our need for nagging.

Glad you got it figured out. Perhaps some of the responses will help you in future basic message board interactions.