Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Air suspension...

I just priced out everything to install air suspension on a Leone.....

95% of it is still avalible in the country, only one peice would be needed from JAPAN. :slobber:

However....its not cheap....

But....working at a dealer has is peaks...aka obsolete parts 'found' in dumpster.... :banana:

I'm gonna get a new xt6 and since I have a parts car with 3 working air bags I figured I'd try and find one used online that still holds air... man would I like to have one of the few running xt6's with good air suspension.... most are coilovers already.. i want adjustable from within the cab height control... :slobber:

While the air suspension is very cool, when we had an '85 Turbo 4-door sedan with the pneumatic suspension (our first Soob in about '90), and it was a pain in the arse. One air bag went out, and then it sat all wonky - got a new one (and it was NOT cheap), and then another one went wonky. Replaced that one, and it only worked for a little while! The front wouldn't work sometimes and you'd be pushing peanuts, then it went out all together - had to replace the pump at over $500 and it STILL didn't work right. Finally, we just switched to coil-overs. It was really cool when it worked, but it was a complete headache and wallet-draining to keep it working. I would never suggest that headache to anybody.