Ultimate Subaru Message Board

First, thanks to this board for the great information. Within a couple days of buying a used 95 OBW, the starter failed. With info here I was able to diagnose bad starter contacts. Two hours and $15 later, all is well.

On to the next thing. This Legacy is missing a couple knobs from the OEM radio/cassette deck. Any suggestion on where to get 'em? I don't think junkyards will have them, since they want to sell the whole unit. Anyone found an alternative source?

First, thanks to this board for the great information. Within a couple days of buying a used 95 OBW, the starter failed. With info here I was able to diagnose bad starter contacts. Two hours and $15 later, all is well.

On to the next thing. This Legacy is missing a couple knobs from the OEM radio/cassette deck. Any suggestion on where to get 'em? I don't think junkyards will have them, since they want to sell the whole unit. Anyone found an alternative source?

If you have a Panasonic P114 I will sell you the whole unit for $15 + actual shipping. I still have mine from when I put in the CD player. In an act of shameless self promotion consider my ebay item:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7969044106&indexURL=5#ebayphotohosting

Greg

The Bass/Treble knob went flying off the first time I pushed the button, and I haven't seen the knob since. It's probably still in my car. Is that the same knob you're missing?

Yes, I need the Bass/Treble knob, as well as the main Volume knob.