Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear headrest search for 95 legacy

I have a 95 subaru legacy wagon. The rear headrests were misplaced before I got it, and now I'm looking for ones to replace them and can't find them anywhere! They're not the generic peg-in-hole style either. It looks like some kind of little click on mounts are on the seat - or something of that sort. Anyone with any advice on where to find them or what to do about the situation? Or even anyone who knows what I'm talking about, considering I've been told that this car model doesn't come with rear headrests at all. Help is greatly appreciated!

Hey! I thought that there was something going on. Now what would aliens want with rear headrests? Bizarre rituals? Maybe they make good anal probes?

[no, no rear headrests on my '95 Legacy L wagon]

Are they the holes for the knobs used when folding the rear seat?

jim

I have rear seat headrests in my 95 legacy wagon, but most of the time I dont have them fitted, as I find they spoil the rear view, and make the car feel very claustrophobic. I carry lots of amps and guitars around, and so am forever removing them to fold down the seats. You should be able to find them somewhwere, but I think you will just find them the same pain in the neck as I do, and end up removing them.

I have a 95 subaru legacy wagon. The rear headrests were misplaced before I got it, and now I'm looking for ones to replace them and can't find them anywhere! They're not the generic peg-in-hole style either. It looks like some kind of little click on mounts are on the seat - or something of that sort. Anyone with any advice on where to find them or what to do about the situation? Or even anyone who knows what I'm talking about, considering I've been told that this car model doesn't come with rear headrests at all. Help is greatly appreciated!

What model do you have?

You are looking at the part of the seat that when folded down secures it to the seat bottoms, this is not where the headrest go. If you had headrest on your subaru then you would have 2 peg in holes.

Only top end subarus LS models had headrests, FYI.

My 95 wagon has them, but it's an LSi. I would imagine that any Sube with them would use the same peg in hole design.

I haul around 2 kids, so mine stay in most of the time--think I've popped them off twice. Your best bet would be to call around all the local junk yards. There are salvage services online that could probably find you some.

Check here by looking for misc. interior parts or for seat rear and call several of these places. You'll have to pay a shipping charge, but, how much trouble is it for them to fool with popping out two head rests?

http://car-part.com/

Here's a couple who will e-mail you from yards who have/probably have what you want.

http://www.uneedapart.com/dealer_search/dealer_search_script.php

http://www.junkyarddog.com/

• 4 years later...

Did you ever find headrests for your car or find out if your car could fit headrests? Mine has the same metal bracket at the top which locks into the seat when you fold it down. I do not have the two hole design. It sounds like that means I can't get headrests for the seat. My daughter is getting too tall to sit in the back without fear of whiplash.

My daughter is getting too tall to sit in the back without fear of whiplash.
just tell her to lie down and go to sleep!

for real, worst case scenario you could swap the rear seats from one equipped how you'd like if the top brackets/head rests aren't installable in yours.