Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A/T issues, Murphy the T-Wag

When I first start the Murph up and try to drive, the torque converter feels like it looses its grip a little. It seem most pronounced when I make a sharp turn. After running for a few minute (maybe 5) the problem seems to go away. The fluid is new and reading at the proper level. It is definitely not in 4wd, that is adifferent feeling. When I bought the engine, I also bought a tranny, but they sold me the wrong one. I have not sent it back yet as I wasn't sure if that would be a return with refund of an exchange for the right tranny. Any thoughts???

Did they mess with the rear diff...this may seem out of context, but your rear diff should be 3.7 ratio...my old car, someone put a 3.9 in it..for the rear diff...and the AT was 3.7. After a couple tens of miles in 4wd...it fooked the Auto Tranny up.

It's the same tranny and diff that came with the car. I would assume that if there was a mismatch you would be able to feel it right away when you put it into 4wd.