Ultimate Subaru Message Board

88 GL-10 Bogs down when accelerator is pressed

I recently made an engine swap from an automatic transmission to a 4WD manual. The engine starts and runs but cuts out if you get on it hard. I have checked the vacuum lines and as far as I can tell they are hooked up right. Is there something electronic I need off the old engine that was attached to the manual transmission? What else could be causing this?

Thanks

Waddon5

did you plug the vacuum line that originally went from the intake manifold to the transmission modulator?

I looked at the original engine and made the vacuum configuration the same. I spoke with my brother and he thinks it may be fuel related. I will replace the fuel filter, check the fuel lines for kinks and if someone knows where the fuel/air mixture module is and can tell me, that would be greatly appreciated!

Define getting on it hard. A quick push of the gas pedal and it quits or dogs out could be the accellerator plunger on the carb. Now bing new to this car, I don't know if yours is fuel injected. Next, if you romp on it hard for several seconds, then it dogs out, clogged fuel filter.

Define getting on it hard. A quick push of the gas pedal and it quits or dogs out could be the accellerator plunger on the carb. Now bing new to this car, I don't know if yours is fuel injected. Next, if you romp on it hard for several seconds, then it dogs out, clogged fuel filter.

It is fuel injected and it bogs down when pressing the accelerator hard. You can mash it SLOWLY and the RPMs will come up but anything other than slow will cause it to bog down and die.