Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hifi in the Brat ?

There is a dash kit made for early 90's chevy pickup trucks that allows the installation of any aftermarket single-DIN head unit into the EA-81 cars. If anyone is interested, I can get a part number.

As for speakers, There's plenty of room in the doors for a pair of 6.5" drivers. If you feel like doing a bit of fabrication, a box can be built to house those speakers and replace the lower half of the door panel. The ones I'm building are sealed, but there's no reason why you couldn't build a ported set. A single 8" sub behind the seats is probably plenty, since the cab of a Brat is too small to contain the waveform of any tone below the range of an 8 anyway. Put 5-600 watts worth of amp on it and turn the gain down (gives the amp better control of the position of the sub) and you should get some really excellent results.

Hello,

sorry that i wait for my replay, but the time ....

@Scoobywagon

you have a picture from the dash kit and a address where i can order this ?

@Phizinza

Thats look good, bud i need the Place behind the seats, and so i dont build in the woofer.

For the door i need new covering ( i dont now the real word) for the inside. The owner befor me, have build in, in the middle of the door the loudspeaker an so i have a big hole there....

Where i can bought the covering ?

You can see where the Loudspeak is on the picture

62_1_b.JPG

Norbert