Ultimate Subaru Message Board

cargo organizers

http://seattle.craigslist.org/car/77175109.html does anybody know if a person can get one of these for our older Roo's??? How handy that would be to keep gallons of milk/water/juice/paint/etc from rolling around in the back.......

That is a slick set up. But it would be too hard to get the whole thing in and out for me. I often need the whole flat space for bales of hay/straw, lumber, landscape materials, who knows. When I'm not needing to haul bulky materials I just keep plastic milk crates handy. Can use one or eight, or any number inbetween. They'r durable, don't tip over, and work as orginizers when needed.

Can't answer your question though regarding availibility of those big orginizers for our older cars. It almost looks like that one would fit? Or could it be trimed down? Prolly not. Heck, I'm no help.

Have a nice day!!

Pyromanic

That is a slick set up. But it would be too hard to get the whole thing in and out for me. I often need the whole flat space for bales of hay/straw, lumber, landscape materials, who knows. When I'm not needing to haul bulky materials I just keep plastic milk crates handy. Can use one or eight, or any number inbetween. They'r durable, don't tip over, and work as orginizers when needed.

Can't answer your question though regarding availibility of those big orginizers for our older cars. It almost looks like that one would fit? Or could it be trimed down? Prolly not. Heck, I'm no help.

Have a nice day!!

Pyromanic

LOL Pyro! Sounds like just what I haul in mine. The milk crates are a good idea though!

LOL Pyro! Sounds like just what I haul in mine. The milk crates are a good idea though!

Yea, plastic milk crates are one of the most versitile and useful containers known to man! (and women) Also come in a miriad of colors for your decorating needs!

Seriously though, they can be difficult to aquire. Not that there arn't plenty of them around.

I've aquired a dozen or more over the years. Can't say how. fYou know, "found them" shall we say. Know what I mean?

Pyro

PS-- They come in two cofigurations. One square, one rectangular. TIP: The square ones fit a five gallon propane tank snugly, and give the tank a nice stable footprint so they don't tip over in the back of your wagon or pickup truck. Heck, Ive got a square one bolted to the top of my pickup's canopy as a tank rack. and rectanguler one bolted next to it to carry "stuff" for camping.