Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rancho Rear replacement shocks

TurboSPFI

• 1 month later...

im not completely sure about the ranch shocks. but to find my 4 inch longer shocks for my hatch, i just had to look in the book that napa had.

it shows all dementions of the shocks... turns out chevelle shocks work good for a 4 inch lift. i had to swap rubber lower bushings, and slot the top mounting holes. but they have worked great so far.

I have just fitted a set of 7000,s on my brumby and am in the next stage of fitting a 6 inch lift kit .

with 15 - 7 inch rims

does anyone have these? im certain ive seen posts indicating that people have them but the 4x4 shop i goto doesnt carry a part number for them.

Part numbers for the RS 5000's and 9000's would be nice to have

Thanks

no matter what size lift you have you can figure it out real easy like....go out to your car with a tape measure, measure your "ride height".your "ride height" is the distance from your lower shock mount on center to your upper shock mount on center.then you start looking for a shock that will accomodate your ride height plus three inches.if your ride height is 16",then you will need a ride height of 19 inches when it is all said and done. if you want the vehicle to have proper travel your ride height should be in the middle of the shock's compression and extension.

a shock that has 10 inches of travel does not mean it will compress 10 inches and extend 10 inches.it means that you will receive 5 inches up and 5 inches down from the center of movement.your average sube shock has like 6 inches or something like that.

you need to figure out what you are trying to accomplish to get the proper set up so you don't go out and start breaking axles......trust me.

look mate, all i was doing was stating what i could to help the cat out.i did not say you were wrong...just going further with an explanation.if the midwest cats have something against everyone on the west coast ,like i have noticed, that is your ************, not mine.i simply was answering the question at hand.sorry if i stepped on your toes.didn't know that i was not allowed to express my statements here.cheers, brian

look mate, all i was doing was stating what i could to help the cat out.i did not say you were wrong...just going further with an explanation.if the midwest cats have something against everyone on the west coast ,like i have noticed, that is your ************, not mine.i simply was answering the question at hand.sorry if i stepped on your toes.didn't know that i was not allowed to express my statements here.cheers, brian

Who is this even addressed to? "your toes".... who's toes?

I think you're making this out to be more than it really is. This is not some regional pissing contest :rolleyes: