Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Show em what drift is about

I was at my girlfriends and her brother (14yo) was driving his fathers old mazda ute around a paddock trying to make it drift, he was really trying but wasnt achieving much. He had asked me several times before to take my wagon but i declined.

But i needed to send an SMS (which means a drive to the top of the hill)

So i drove up there, sent my message and he hopped into my car and asked me to try to drift, i would have said, 'nah i cant be bothered' but this time it was raining and i was curious:brow:

Put her in 4low and have her heaps, into 2nd at 5k revs,

driving straight and then full lock left.

All i can say is WOW, i couldnt believe it, 720deg, all 4 wheels spinning, grass and mud flinging everywhere.

The young teenager who was used to seeing silvias and celicas on tar sliding sideways was :slobber:

Show em oldschool subaru spirit

Anyway thats my blab

Right on dude!! Subarus always seem to amaze other people. I don't know how many times people have given me the thumbs up or the horns! For just mobbing like I usually would. In the winter mostly, soobs just go in the snow. I have even scared friends rallying, this kid in an Exploder was trying tofollow me in the snow, about 8'' or more, hard pack and icy, turned a corner slide into and had all four going out of it, he locked up the brakes and smashed straight into a tree!!! No jokes!:lol:

84 Hatch 4sp, D/R 145k 3rd eye