Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need some easy EA82T questions answered

I'm finally in the process of hooking up all of the lines and wires in my RX. Just have a few quick questions since I don't have a Haynes manual or anything.

First off, I need to see a pic of the routing of the hoses to the stock boost controller so them I can hook my EBC into it. I also have to see where most of the vacuum hoses go on the passenger side ie the carbon canister and whatnot

Second, since I pulled the old engine, I can't seem to locate the fuel return hose but I see where it goes onto the intake since I'm using the original intake. It should be coming out the same area as the fuel input right next to the filter right?

Now I need a wiring diagram for a 4EAT so I can locate the two wires for the neutral safety switch, if not, I'm gonna have a big red push button on the dash;)

I also need the correct firing order for the disty as well. I dunno if its the same as the EA81 but better be safe then sorry.

Next in line is for the cargo cover. I've done some quick searching but came up short. My cargo cover needs to be fixed so it will retract but I need to know how.

I probably have more questions but that'll do it for right now...

the stock EBC is used, from what I gathered by looking at AllData, is used to keep the boost correct at high altitudes. For some reason my wagon doesn't have it.. your EBC should connect between the wastegate actuator and the compressor side of the turbo, basically T into the line that's there. (I dont' know about yours; I have one vacuum line that runs from the compressor housing to the wastegate actuator) I'm not sure how your EBC works but the ones I've seen basically just modulate the pressure going to the wastegate, so it doesnt' get enough pressure to open the wastegate until whatever you have the EBC set at.

Well them come over and help me get her squared away!!!;) Its getting close just small things like what I'm running into. I also am going to pick up a sheet of header gasket material for all of the gaskets I need for my turbo until I can afford the TWE header and an aftermarket downpipe:brow: I also have to get hosing for the turbo as well so I can finish plumbing it all in and start her up!!!

the stock EBC is used, from what I gathered by looking at AllData, is used to keep the boost correct at high altitudes. For some reason my wagon doesn't have it.. your EBC should connect between the wastegate actuator and the compressor side of the turbo, basically T into the line that's there. (I dont' know about yours; I have one vacuum line that runs from the compressor housing to the wastegate actuator) I'm not sure how your EBC works but the ones I've seen basically just modulate the pressure going to the wastegate, so it doesnt' get enough pressure to open the wastegate until whatever you have the EBC set at.