Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brumby's / Brats still in production in Japan

The local butcher told me today that his daughter in law, who is japanese, said that the Brumby/Brat is still in production in Japan, but only for the JDM.

He said he would like to go over there and import a couple for Aust, (which we all know isnt easy)

Anybody else heard of this?

Gannon

Havn't heard of that - i would think they would end up here if they existed, and i havn't seen one newer than '94.

You should definitely look in to it though, it would be nice to have a brand new brumby!

Well, I live in Okinawa, Japan and I have yet to see any Brumby/Brats running around. The only subies that I have seen are WRXs, Impreza's, Sti's, Sambar's(light truck), Sambar vans, R2's, and this little car that I can't ever see the freakin' name on, but it's a subie too. If they are still in production, I can find out for everyone. I'll go down to the Subaru dealership near Naha and see. They'll be able to tell me for sure. And if they are still making them, Ahemmmm..............Boys & Girls........ get your pocket books ready! But really, all joking aside, I'll check as soon as I can and report back.

Patrick

Subaru put the Brat out of production to put the impreza into production.

Any new vehicle would have to meet safety standards/emission standards etc. So it won't be a brat as you know it! I say its totally impossible. If there was one, Subie Aus would have it here in a flash.

The local Subie wrecker has a Toyota as his delivery vehicle. He wants a brat... but he just keeps selling them!

Would it be possiable for them to be only making them for the Jap market?

This guy might have had the wrong end of the stick, he could have been confused with the Baja.

But by the way, any of you Oz or NZ guys have an idea of what the Brumbys were worth brand new?

Gannon

Talking at work the other night, someone put the figure of $9,990 for a 94 Ag-quip edition. Could be wrong though. I remember my father got a brand new 1982 MY as a company car - in 1982 - and it was only something like $3,000.

I'd pay $10K for a brand new Brumby for sure!

You know what Ag-quip is right? The Agriculture Conference/Field days held in Orange NSW.

Over the last few years of production Brumbys came out in Ag-quip trim. As far as I'm aware they were just an unleaded DL Brumby with included Air Conditioning, tauneau and some fancy stickers.

You know what Ag-quip is right? The Agriculture Conference/Field days held in Orange NSW.

Over the last few years of production Brumbys came out in Ag-quip trim. As far as I'm aware they were just an unleaded DL Brumby with included Air Conditioning, tauneau and some fancy stickers.

They also had a rear step built into the rear bumper and the factory overloop bullbar. One of my friends had one from new I liked the other small touches just made it a little different.:cool: