Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Can someone help me with a fuel line question? EA82T

Hello all. I am reinstalling my engine, and i kind of forgot which fuel line went to where in the engine bay.

At the place there are 3 metal tubes bend up for hoses to attach too. And what i have are the fuel line (comming from the obvious fuel filter) and what looks to be the return line (comming from same place in firewall, just below the fuel filter)...as well as another vacuume line or something that looks like it goes to the bottom the the brake booster area.

Of the 3 metal tubes, (most forward on car, middle, and rear) the center looks to be the main supply line. Now about the other two. Is the one most forward the return line? Or is the one most rear?

And which does the hose comming from under the brake booster area go to?

At first i mixed them up and put the fuel supply on the most rear, the return in the center, and the other one most forward....this ended up having fuel spill out of the charcoal canister fresh air supply line at the bottom. :(

Thanks!

the line on the filter itself will go on the biggest fitting, in the middle. if you trace this line it goes to the injectors. since the fuel supply is BEFORE the REGULATOR, the line coming off the fuel pressure regulator will be the return line next to the fuel filter on the firewall

the line coming from the framerail is the fuel tank vent line, and it goes on the smallest of the lines. if you were to trace that line it goes to the vapor canister

have fun!

• 2 years later...
the line on the filter itself will go on the biggest fitting, in the middle. if you trace this line it goes to the injectors. since the fuel supply is BEFORE the REGULATOR, the line coming off the fuel pressure regulator will be the return line next to the fuel filter on the firewall

the line coming from the framerail is the fuel tank vent line, and it goes on the smallest of the lines. if you were to trace that line it goes to the vapor canister

Can someone confirm this for me please? I have looked around and someone elsewhere posted a different configuration for an EA82.

I just put the intake manifold back on my EA82T and it wont start. It started right up first try but ran like crap so i shut it down and realized the plug wires were wrong (Disty turns CCW NOt CW eh). Now the plug wires are on correctly and it wont start so I am checking every thing else. I have the fuel lines set up like Fox says, but another post here (For EA82) had different info. Are Ea82 and EA82T different?

(next time I'll use something less gas solvent than masking tape and sharpies for fuel lines, DUH)

Thanks!

Foxy has it right.

Fuel supply (the one with the filter) goes to the middle pipe. If you follow it it will go to each injector and then back to the FPR (fuel pressure regulator)

The other hose goes to the FPR and is the return

And the smaller hose from below goes to the canister