Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Northern New England/NY,etc. Meet???

Yeah, I got the answering machine message too. Seems odd for a weekend after labor day. There's other campgrounds in the area, they were listed on the www.kingdomtrails.comor org website link earlier in the thread. My wagon is rolling again, and I'll be leaving 4ish tommorow afternoon. Sounds like most people have bailed on this trip. Oh well, I'm heading up anyways. The mountain biking and hiking is not to be missed. I may end up parking the car some where and being labeled a "vagrent" he he. konrad/soo, if your still going, hows 4:30 in the stop & shop parking lot in peterbourough sound?

hmm, i see that the croud is getting thiner:-\,

91 loyal, i'll be there, and we'll C, take care

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where the hell is everyone???

we, me and 91 loyal have been here overnight and were wondering if anyone is going to show up!!

were at the bruke mt camp ground, and THERE IS FREE SPACE!!!!

its beatifull country side, view, etc. so get your buts up here!!!

take care

Am I crazy enough to go up late tonight????

Has to be an incredible view on top today.

Have fun! Don't sleep near food!

the view from the top,made me feel like i was on top of the world.

the toll road was fun to drive up,2nd gear for most of the way.occasionally i had to shift down into 1st.

coming down,i had her in 2nd and foot on the brake pedal.by the time i got down at the bottom i could smell the brakes :D

9465S3010051-thumb.JPG9465S3010031-thumb.JPG

9465S3010037-thumb.JPG 9465S3010018-thumb.JPG

9465S3010048-thumb.JPG 9465S3010045-thumb.JPG

9465S30100221-thumb.JPG 9465S3010014-thumb.JPG

here are some of the pics i took while on my day trip to burke mtn.i was hopeing to run into 91loyale an konrad but i guess i missed em.

weird thing i saw on the way up to vermont was a check point before lincoln.one of the vans that was there was a border patrol :-\ :confused:

it was quite a ways from the canadian border too.Hmmm

maybe they were looking for Rocky & Bullwinkle :grin:

I can really get going on this subject.Let me just say this.Our friend in Grafton was stopped by folks like you're describing,in the middle of the state of VT.Guys in black with no badges or designation and when my friend asked what law enforcement agency they represent,they did NOT reply.I take it you saw Mounties.Were there non uniformed men with automatic weapons there too?Or a vehicle off to the side which could have contained such?

Nice pics,I'm just about to start checking them out.Sorry,just too much to do here.I needed to get my '78 quiet and give my '89 back to my inlaws.

I can really get going on this subject.Let me just say this.Our friend in Grafton was stopped by folks like you're describing,in the middle of the state of VT.Guys in black with no badges or designation and when my friend asked what law enforcement agency they represent,they did NOT reply.I take it you saw Mounties.Were there non uniformed men with automatic weapons there too?Or a vehicle off to the side which could have contained such?

i don't think they were mounties,i was still in n.h. there was a state trooper along with N.H. boarder patrol truck(big one,like a long box van)plus i was trying to not swerve an attract attention,so i wasn't able to really get a good look

Nice pics,I'm just about to start checking them out
thanks

I needed to get my '78 quiet

exhaust probs??

i also have pics here= http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=448633113

exhaust probs??
Oh yeah! I was the freakin Red Baron in his Folker,or whatever those planse were called.....Stukas over Bridgeport!!!! Look out!!!Holy Messerschmidt!!!!

Man for a little engine it sure was LOUD with one side totally unbolted and the other with one good stud and nut holding fairly tight.Imagine if both sides went down?

Konrad!??!!?? where is you is????

Man for a little engine it sure was LOUD with one side totally unbolted and the other with one good stud and nut holding fairly tight.Imagine if both sides went down?

had the same prob with my 86 gl,bolts kept falling out the right side of the block.an at idle it was quiet but when i gave it gas it would push the pipe away and made it really loud :brow:

(i liked it that way but the cops didn't)

the view from the top,made me feel like i was on top of the world.

the toll road was fun to drive up,2nd gear for most of the way.occasionally i had to shift down into 1st.

coming down,i had her in 2nd and foot on the brake pedal.by the time i got down at the bottom i could smell the brakes :D

i was hopeing to run into 91loyale an konrad but i guess i missed em.

so you made it!? i think 91 loyal saw your car, but you were going out of east bruke, our cars were parked in the parking lot at center of the town, so you couldnt see them from the road, after he parked his loyal on the gas station, it was too late:-\

my legacy took us up the toll road in 3rd, but after the first 180 turn ive put it in 2nd, and almost at the top back to 3rd:brow: and the view is nice, and comming back down no smell of brakes,hehe,but in 2nd.

we did around 100 miles on the dirt roads all around the place, so that was fun, and some moutain biking. maby next year ther will be more of us:rolleyes:

take care

Well, it turned out to be an ok weekend. The weather was great and the backroads were a nice mix of compacted and loose dirt. I had the rotor break loose under my dizzy cap, that made for some fun. The set screw landed in the bottom, so we were able to pin it back down. Other than some overheating problems in my car and the oil habit in Konrad's, the cars did great. going up the toll road was fun, and Konrad's legacy still has a good bit of power left. :burnout:

cruixing the backroads was great, the map I had sucked, so we were kinda lost most of the time, but found neat places in the middle of nowhere. subie94, were you the bearded one driving the legacy with fog lights and a "preformance" exhaust?

Hopefully konrad will put up the pictures he got, some of them were decent.

My wagon rocked on I-91. I'm still amazed the engine held up. I was floored in 4th or 5th the whole way, and the spedo maxed out at 75... with 30" tires on.

The mud terrains are dam loud at any speed over 30mph. one of the exhaust manifold gaskets blew in a keep up game with a jetta, so the car sounds bad now.

Anyways, it seemed like it would suck at first with hardly anyone showing up, but I had a good time. Sorry we missed you subie94, mabe next time.

the cars did great. going up the toll road was fun, and Konrad's legacy still has a good bit of power left. :burnout: .

yah,that toll road was fun.

subie94, were you the bearded one driving the legacy with fog lights and a "preformance" exhaust?.

yup,that was me.what did you see me pull into the campground entrance?

i did a quick look see but of course didn't recognize any of the cars parked so i wasn't sure if you guys had left or not.

i just figured out why i saw the border patrol !

yesterdays date was what?? 9/11 :banghead: that's why.probably a secondary check point for the u.s./canadian border

I got stopped by Border Patrol on the way home as well. From what I hear, it is the norm on a Sunday afternoon.

Achtung!! vere ahrr yur papers? What a pathetic joke.Anyone who truely needs to get into this country to cause harm can do so in so many ways without being on a main road.This is not helping like some people think.It's just a show of force for the new world pecking order.

As far as "safe trip to where?".....well,safe trip to his destination,which I believe will be Pole land.:grin: Do they serve perogies in first class on the flight over?Or the Polish seven course meal-six pack and a bag of chips?:lol:

OK guys,maybe I'll see some of you later in the fall,probably after the leaf peepers have vacated and before the New York crowd gets up there for snow season.

Or the Polish seven course meal-six pack and a bag of chips?:lol:

you gotta have that at least twice a week.

so,hey if next year we all want to try an do the e.burke campground again.maybe we could go here for lunch or something.

9465S3010045-thumb.JPG it's about half-way up the toll rd

9465S3010046-thumb.JPG see we could all sit down for a pow wow :-p

East Burke - The Burke Hollow Cemetery - (When you drive by it at night or walk past it seems as though there is something watching you from the tree lines and movement through out the cemetery at night.)

greetings from poland, hehe, Paul,six pack is not enough in poland, try 24 pack of one pounders:)

hehe, maby next year, well the e.bruke is a nice place to spend a weekend, hope to see ya there ;)

Glad you're "home" safe.We know you belong here with us,:) ,see you next time.I hope you can make a run to Pine Barrens with us sometime.Send dippy blondes!!!!I'll take a 24 pack of those.;)