Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need help with my ac mounting problem....

ok, i put my webered ea82 into another wagon today, another friend did most of the rear disc conversion, we got it running..

heres the problem, with the weber the ac compressor will not bolt up to the mounting brackets.. its hitting the carb. what do i need to do to basically swap places with the alternator and ac compressor?

i know some soobs had the ac compressor on the far side of the engine next to the battery..

with my brackets, my ac compressor is next to the carb and the alternator is closest to the battery.. i need to swap those to get it to fit..

anyone ever had this problem? how'd you fix it? etc..

the new wagon is an 86' gl without power steering.

well, if i turn the carb 180, then i run into the throttle cable problem... the part of the weber that is in the way of the ac compressor is the float bowl/fuel intake line..

as it is now the hood barely closes, lol has like 1/2" clearance between the hood and the air filter. so i can't space it..

well, if i turn the carb 180, then i run into the throttle cable problem... the part of the weber that is in the way of the ac compressor is the float bowl/fuel intake line..

as it is now the hood barely closes, lol has like 1/2" clearance between the hood and the air filter. so i can't space it..

1. If you have the taller air filter, you could buy the short one. Or,

2. Reverse the carb anyway and deal with the throttle cable issue. It is doable.