Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 94 legacy wagon AWD I rescued from the boneyard and it runs great... now for the dumb question, what size is the fuel tank? I looked in the Haynes book and it has all the capacities except the gas tank. I need to know because my fuel tank sending units are going out and I need to know how far I can go before I have to start pushing.

[i think frag's right--should be 15.8. Fixing/cleaning/replacing sender unit is a good idea. Don't know about '94, but from '95 they are notoriously bad. But the "Low Fuel" light is a life-saver.

A suggestion--carry a gallon or two with you in a fuel can, then drive it as far as you can, that way you will know if your "Low Fuel" light is working (if you have one!) It'll give you a sense of security for your everyday driving!

My 94 Wagon impreza does not seem to have a low fuel light! Is this on all these models or am I missing something?

Botscooby

The low fuel light is the only idiot light that does'nt light up when you turn the ignition to "On". It is lit so rarely that the chances of it being burnt are slim. If you want peace of mind, put a gas can in the car and drive til it lights or til the car stops. Dont do that on the highway :). I tested mine a few years ago and it is working. Before that light comes on, your fuel gauge needle will be well under the E mark. If I remember well I had around 60 kilometers left after the light came on.