Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Door Swap...

Well, I'm having problems with my drivers door and the electric window part of it..

I've gotten so tired of it, I'm getting rid of the stupid thing.

I ended up trying to switch the window motor out and came up with the same problem, so im just gonna switch back to a manual version.

The door is from a car with no power windows, locks, or mirrors.. I would like to keep the power locks and mirrors, but not the window. How do you think I'm going to have to go about doing this "swap"?

Let me know, I'm tired of having no window! Thanks!

I would do this, but I dont want the same thing that happend with the motor to happen.. You dont know how mad that made me to spend as much money as I did on that motor and as long as I went without a window to find out it wasnt the motor!

THAT DID IT! The door is gone!

There are 3 things that would cause your problem...

1) the motor (we already know its not it)

2) the switch (cheaper than a motor, should have been replaced 1st)

3) the wiring (doubt that's the problem)

Replacing a switch is easier than replacing a door. Expecially since you want to save the power locks and what not.

-Brian

It would have been easier if i would have replaced the switch first.. I went after the motor now and have a gutless door.. I'm so fried that I'd rather just mess with 6 bolts and aligning a door (mines horribly aligned anyway) than messing with the rest of it all.

Okay... well just take the guts out of your door with the power windows and stuff. Find the motor for the locks and stuff, all the wiring. Take it out and put it in the new door.

As easy as that.

Or take out the motor for the power windows, and install manual windows into the power door.

-Brian

no no no, your missing something here.

The one that HAD power windows, locks, mirrors is gutted and on the car.

The one that HAS manual windows, locks, mirrors is NOT gutted and is off the car.

I want to pull the gutted door off my car, and put the loaded manual door on.

Make more sense?