Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Upstate NY Rally Events - Schedule

August 27th - Rally New York Rallysprint in Narrowsburg, NY. See this for more information.

September 10th - RallyRPI will be holding their inaugural Rally-X event in Saratoga, NY. See this thread from nabisco for more information or visit the event website. The more people, the better. I may run this one, may not. It will be a last minute decision....

September 29th - October 1st - the International Rally New York 2005 will be taking place in Monticello, NY. I went to the Rally NY back in April and it was definately fun! See this page for more information. I already took time off from work to go to this one, so see you there :)

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

RallyKeith, see you there then! I have a grayishgreen Legacy Wagon with steelies, Hella 500's, and a Thule rack. If you see me, say hi or leave a note :)

operose: the black river stages rally might be held next year if there is enough interest. It is much closer to you, and I will be there if it is held. I went to school in Wanakena (just outside of star lake) so I will camp out....probably about a 45 minute drive west on rt3 from star lake in Harrisville

And for anyone else, the RallyRPI rally-x was a really really REALLY nice course. I went and watched, and I will probably run in the next one (maybe). I will be there to watch at least, lol

RallyKeith, see you there then! I have a grayishgreen Legacy Wagon with steelies, Hella 500's, and a Thule rack. If you see me, say hi or leave a note :)

operose: the black river stages rally might be held next year if there is enough interest. It is much closer to you, and I will be there if it is held. I went to school in Wanakena (just outside of star lake) so I will camp out....probably about a 45 minute drive west on rt3 from star lake in Harrisville

Just look for the Blue 96 Impreza with a WRX drive line and the name Kennedy on the car. We will be running :grin: Can't give you a car number, but I'd imagine we'll be somewhere in the high teens.

As for Black River.... Who are they going to get to organize it? Mark lives in Athens now, so there is defenitely no way he will be.

• 2 weeks later...

Day one of Rally NY is done. I had a chance to talk with Keith and check out the car that he and his dad had entered. Last I saw of them tonight, they were at the SS @ Monticello Raceway.

I will be going AGAIN tomorrow, and I of course will be taking pictures :) To anyone in the area who was thinking of going to this, the weather is going to be beautiful and you NEED TO COME!!!!

Kevin

Here is some of what I have.

Click here for a quick video of RallyKeith (make sure you click the "launch in new window" option)

An STi...awesome machine

showphoto.php?photo=8182&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500349sti-med.jpg

Winner of the 1961 Monte Carlo...Saab 95

showphoto.php?photo=8181&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500349saab.jpg

Just another Scooby :)

showphoto.php?photo=8180&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500349gc8-med.jpg

Audi S2...this one has some decent roots in the European rally scene

showphoto.php?photo=8179&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500349audis2.jpg

Ok, a few more while my adrenaline is still pumping :)

Cockpit of someones car...I think it's the VW a few pictures down with the lights

349cockpit.jpg

Soy Powered VW!

349soy.jpg

Nice hooters

349lights.jpg

Datsun....those bottom two lights didn't survive the day:lol:

349Datsun.jpg

Long way from home, eh :)

349nevada.jpg

Two guys with a most bad rump roast sounding Acura NSX figuring out how to install a HANS device...nothing like waiting till the last minute!

349hans.jpg

Line 'em up

349lineup2.jpg

349lineup.jpg

SRT-4 is teh f45t3r!!11!!

349srt4.jpg

Wise words to live by

349wise_words.jpg

Oooops! I said turn right! I can still smell the clutch from this mishap :)

349off-med.jpg

Day 2 was a blast! Hung out with some great guys and saw some regulars that I am friendly with. LOTS of action, a few crashes, and more close calls than I can count. Here is a quick photo diary of the day, enjoy :) I will try to get all of my pictures organized better into a zip file or something incase someone wants them all. The pictures are much better today because I got more comfortable with the camera.

Early morning crowd

349early_morning-med.jpg

Keith and his dad make a nice pass :)

349keith3-med.jpg

New spot...corner of Mile Hill and Swamp Pond Rd. Flying finish about 30 yards beyond the next turn. So who's yer paddy? :)

349Paddy-med.jpg

A late finger on the shutter button catches the beginning of some drama...Mitsubishi Evo 7 I belive came in WAY too hot, locked brakes, and didn't throttle/steer out.

349off1-med.jpg

He ended up here after smashing into the berm and loosing his whole front end. I have video of him whipping it back around onto the course, only to almost have ANOTHER collision...this time with another car that is flying around the turn:eek:

349off2-med.jpg

So they ran 2 time that way, and then they came up the hill!

NorthCoast Rally having some fun

349NCRally-med.jpg

Keith and his dad making a mess ;)

349keith2-med.jpg

Last Ditch Racing

349LastDitch-med.jpg

Mitsubishi GVR4

349GVR4-med.jpg

Mitsubishi Mighty Max

349Mitsu-med.jpg

Another Evo

349evo7-med.jpg

Datsun

349Datsun1-med.jpg

Acura NSX...loud as hell, which is good of course

349acura2-med.jpg

New spectator spot again. This time I am at Elk Road. Cars only came through once instead of the planned 3 times. Residents walking on the street and a deer collision (from what I heard) is what caused this. The neighbor thought it was appropriate to shoot every gun he had so the cops went and took care of that little situation. Anyhow, here is one picture...the rest look the same.

349last_stage-med.jpg

I should have stuck this in earlier, eh. See you next year! (BTW, this image is awesome in "high res" as a background!)

349Fast-med.jpg

• 3 weeks later...