Ultimate Subaru Message Board

6 lug toyota wheel converson

Just got my mill working and wanted to know what size exactialy the wholes should be drilled for the 4 extra studs. I know someone has posted on here somewhere, what size to use. But I don't feel like searching through tons of threads to find it. So just a quick bit size and I will be on my way.

Yea I was thinking of that, I just wanted to be careful to get the right one. I could picture getting a flat in the middle of no where and have one lug spinning becaues I used the wrong size bit. I thought that the whole might be bigger from the stud bieng pressed in there. I don't know.

Yes, the hole should be slightly larger than the stud going into it, and the conical lugnut seat (or whatever you use if you don't taper bore the hole) will cover a multitude of sins.

But the standard for determining bit size (at least amongst non-pros :) ) is to slide the bit shank into an example/model hole. This is assuming that you aren't using reduced-shank bits. The proper bit should just barely move through the hole.

He wants lug hole size, not the wheel hole size. I believe the easiest way is to buy the studs and determine the size from them. Yes, I have done this mod. One of the first to do it, actually. And yes, I am too lazy to go out to the garage and check the bit size.