Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ITBs on a soob?

Your talking about cars that have parts support....

Thats sounds rather custom AND you'd have to make it fit AND find some sort of really wide two piece air filter AND get the MAF to work......AND AND AND... not that I'm shooting you down.. that would look and sound sweet... just seems like more money... well then I PAID for my car.

I see what you are saying, and ITBs are normally always custom projects. Its good that you paid for your car, i paid for mine too. It was $900. :) And the only thing my parents have paid for is a new differential (sort of a gift) and i need to get my a car running since i have college starting. I had a job a little bit ago as a soccer ref, and i made about $350 over the course of a couple months, and most of that i've put towards tuning my car. Maybe if my car were NA, i would have looked into a megaqsuirt and some ITBs, (a map sensor is needed to run ITBs, or some sort of stand-alone engine management). Would running a bigger throttle body increase engine response very much?

Would running a bigger throttle body increase engine response very much?

yes!

i dont really see the point in an individual TB for each cylinder. im not too familiar with them; i think ive heard of new bimmers with that, and thats as far as my knowledge goes. id rather have the single larger TB. less moving parts = less stuff to fab, less stuff to install, less stuff to break.

You can still run a megasquirt on a turbo, I was just saying you need a megasquirt to run ITBs or some other form of stand-alone engine management. ITBs work with a map sensor normally, but i have seen some cases where they run with an AFM. On the map sensor ones, you dont need the intake manifold, you can have straight stacks, but with the AFM you still need the intake manifold. I've only seen that for a KA24DE (american nissan 240sx), and it had wiring that ran through each throttle body. I see where you guys are talking about running one bigger throttle body. What ones work well with an EA82T?