Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 1996 Legacy Wagon is leaking a lot of brake fluid, it has been leaking for about a year but it started out very little, maybe had to top it off every month. Now it is every day.

I notice that the leak is coming from the passenger side front tire area. Has anyone ever had this issue, if so any suggestions on what it might be and the parts involved. Can I attempt to do it myself? Thanks in advance...

Check your bleeder valve on the caliper.Make sure it is tight.That is a good place to start.Otherwise check where the brake line itself for any small cracks from offroading& debri that may have struck the line. Also check the fitting from the brake line where it meets the caliper and make sure that is tight.Good luck.

One other thing, it could be the caliper seal leaking, If so just get one rebuilt and change it. You will only need to bleed that one when you put it back on. I would guess the other people are right it is most likely the line or bleeder valve.