Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Underseat amp 99 outback questions

Im looking into buying the factory sub for my 99 outback. My questions are, how loud, and good is it. Compared to aftermarket underseat subs how does it stack up. Does it really make a difference between the limited model outback and the regular(Ebay auction says for limited outback only).And if the cd changer is from a 04 wrx will the underseat sub from a 99 outback plug in and if I got the one for the 04 wrx will it mount up correctly.And is it possible to install 1 under each seat, somehow splicing the wiring harnesses???Any info is much appreciated,haha, I know alot of questions But I would appreciate any serious answers I could get, Im on the fence with alot of sub related things, so this will help make my mind up. Thank u for ur time.

I went from an 8" self amplified bazooka in a 95 Imp wagon to a factory sub in an 05 Imp wagon. The bazooka is a lot more bassy but all I really wanted was depth and not booty shaking stuff. I was happy with the factory one and am looking for one to put into my 95 Imp coupe. There are gain adjustments on the factory one but i never messed with it.... maybe if i did i would have been really rockin.

As for splicing them together???? How good are ya at wireing? there might be your answer. *maybe* if you have 2 though you might want to put them on a relay because the draw from the 2 mgith be too much for the intended circuit.

Mounts: if you buy it for a legacy and try it in a forester i think the bracket is different...i did this years ago and had some issues...nothing that can't really be worked with though.