Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '99 Outback Wagon has a definate snap or click as it upshifts from second to third. You don't hear it unless the window is down. I didn't notice it prior to the trans rebuild about 5,000 miles ago. The shop that overhauled my transmission thinks it's a solnoid making the noise and said not to worry about it. The noise hasn't gotten any worse in 5,000 miles, the trans works fine, and the fluid isn't burnt, however, I don't like strange sounds. Has anyone experienced a problem such as this?

I manage a large vehicle & equipment fleet (1000+ units) and have done business with this trans shop for many years. I trust their work and am sure they will take care of me if the unit fails. I just don't like strange noises in vehicles. Since it hasn't gotten worse and works fine, I guess I'll just ignore it. Thanks for the reply.

What sort of warranty is on the rebuilt trans? If they say it's nothing, and don't want to look into it now. Tell them to give you a guarantee in writing that says any damage/failure that can be tracked down to their work will be covered by them.

I manage a large vehicle & equipment fleet (1000+ units) and have done business with this trans shop for many years. I trust their work and am sure they will take care of me if the unit fails. I just don't like strange noises in vehicles. Since it hasn't gotten worse and works fine, I guess I'll just ignore it. Thanks for the reply.

Just make sure its noted by them someplace that you bought it back to have that inspected ... just in case.

nipper