Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Would This Be a Safe Thing to Do?!

slothoncanvas

well look what you guys did now you made him change his mind i think he should have went for it but you all have a good point also.

I'm glad he made the smart choice and changed his mind. People breaking the law in the name of offroad is why we are loosing access to trail systems that are decades old.

It's our duty to offroad responsibly or anti-access groups will just keep lobbying local legislature and congress to continue eroding away offroading. They are fueld by images of people driving in illegal places like rivers, creeks, wetlands, ponds, boat launches, etc. It's very very hard to convince people of power that you are not out to simply destroy the enironment at the expense of your offroad hobby when they just saw a whole presentation from the oposition of people destroying wetlands and trout streams.

I've been there, in front of a panel of state represenatives at our state capital, trying to convince them that we advocate responsible and sustainable offroading. The previouse speaker had a whole laptop + projection screen slide show presentation showing 'mudder trucks' in wet lands and atvs crossing trout streams.

Help us help you; offroad legaly and responsibly. Join and support local clubs that advocate and activly support legal, sustainable, offroad.

Great idea :)

See if you can locate some minimum maintanace roads. They can be fun; just make sure you know if they are open or not. Most have seasonal and conditional closings due to flooding.

:lol: yeah a wash can provide plenty of excitment! especially when that front end dives down, and your heart rate increases and you think,,, "what tha heck have I gotten myself into!"

:lol: