Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Auto Seat Belt issues!?!?!?!

I just left my boyfriends house ...havent drove my beloved Bucky since Friday night ..went and started him up and the auto seat belts wouldnt engage.Both sides are stuck in the door open position ...no light on ,on the dash display. I open the door and the door ajar light comes on..I hit the door lock and that light wont go out(?).

I checked under the dash for a fuse and found non for the seat belts. Now we were stuck in something like 10 days of straight rain and maybe something inside the doors got wet and shorted something out?? Is there a fuse somewhere else for the seat belts??Could it just be a small electrical gremlin somewhere??

Thanks in advance for any help....BTW.. I still LOVE my Loyale...230+ miles to about 6 gallons of gas!

On the back bench seat, along the bottom of the seat there should be a little pouch either velcroed or buttoned to the carpet, unhook it and there should be a pretty good sized allen wrench in it.

I think there is a plastic tab that you have to pry off at the bottom of the door pillars on both the passenger and driver side, under that tab is a hole that you stick the allen wrench in. Rotate the allen wrench (can't remember which way) and the belts will move forward or back. Once you have the belt in the normal position (as if you were driving and the belt is over you) then you can just unclip when you need to get out. Hope this helps.

First thing...try to disconnect your battery for about 1/2hr....it works for XTs so why not Bucky. Sometimes it needs to reset itself <for reasons unknown to me>

Second...Bucky is jealous! No lovin' since Friday <shame on you> You know Bucky is tempermental....think back since Tom's been around you seem to have minor irritations happening hmmm...coinkydinky?:grin:

First thing...try to disconnect your battery for about 1/2hr....it works for XTs so why not Bucky. Sometimes it needs to reset itself <for reasons unknown to me>

Second...Bucky is jealous! No lovin' since Friday <shame on you> You know Bucky is tempermental....think back since Tom's been around you seem to have minor irritations happening hmmm...coinkydinky?:grin:

Hummmmm???? Maybe your right...Bucky knows that Tommy doesnt like him very much...Tom wont drive him..excuse.." I dont want to break anything" Hummmm??? ...LOL

I will try the battery thing..also thanks Eye Why...

So that's what that allen wrench crank is for!! I'd read somewhere that you could open/close a stuck sunroof with it, but wondered why they were in cars without a sunroof, too. Learned something new today, now I can go back to sleep!! Thanks!!

On the back bench seat, along the bottom of the seat there should be a little pouch either velcroed or buttoned to the carpet, unhook it and there should be a pretty good sized allen wrench in it.

I think there is a plastic tab that you have to pry off at the bottom of the door pillars on both the passenger and driver side, under that tab is a hole that you stick the allen wrench in. Rotate the allen wrench (can't remember which way) and the belts will move forward or back. Once you have the belt in the normal position (as if you were driving and the belt is over you) then you can just unclip when you need to get out. Hope this helps.

So that's what that allen wrench crank is for!! I'd read somewhere that you could open/close a stuck sunroof with it, but wondered why they were in cars without a sunroof, too. Learned something new today, now I can go back to sleep!! Thanks!!

LMAO..I was wondering the same thing. I cranked the drivers side belt back tis morning before work...went to the store and when I opened the door it retracted... I said something on the line of...B**^#^@ better return now!! Well came out of the store and now they are working...Just another reason why I LOVE this quirky little Loyale!

Thanks for the help guys!

Learned something new today, now I can go back to sleep!! Thanks!!

Haha, no problem, glad I could help. Every now and then my belts do the same thing Bucky. They won't work one day and then just magically work the next. They have never not worked for more than a couple of days, so if yours stop working again, just give them some time and they will probably start up the next day.