Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Location of Blower Fan Relay in a 95 Impreza

Eric,

Checking my wiring info the best I could do to find the location is that it is behind the left side of the dash. It looks like there are a number of other relays there also so it may be hard to tell which is which. The wiring colors for the coil are red/blk and grn/red. The wire to the motor is blk/red and to power red/yel so maybe you can follow the wires to the relay. Another thing that may help is to turn the blower on HIGH and tap on suspected relays with a screwdriver handle to see if the motor will come on then. You may get lucky finding it that way.

Had to change mine a week ago. Blower fan would only work on high and no air would blow through any vents. Took glove box apart to get to blower motor and found a mouse had made his home in there. He put all he could find in cage of blower motor and thats why no air came out. Any how thats where I found the relay mounted in a small metal box held by 2 phillps screws in the black cover for your heater core. One plug goes to it with I think 3 wires. Go to the junk yard and pull one.Subaru dealer wants an arm and both legs for one. Good luck