Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EV's new XT pics

75subie - you asked for em, you got em.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=8541&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=8542&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=8543&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

The car was originally Liberty White. It was re-painted by Maaco 5 years ago. New alternator last year, new water pump a few months ago. I could tell it had been sitting a little while from the organic debris under the windshield wiper, and the climate controls spit out little chunks of pine needles for a few minutes, but it's no biggie.

The car runs and drives exactly like my old XT, and I've just been bombing around today with a huge grin on my face.

good deal, it looks great:brow: i always thought maaco did a decent job for the money, for 5 yr old paint, it held up pretty darn well.so what are your plans for her?good luck with it,

Jon

First, she needs to be washed, inside and out.

She's going to become my daily driver. So nothing radical that will take her out of service (at least not until my wife's car is repaired).

some alloys might be nice, and if the paint starts to go south quickly here, a fresh coat.

Possibly install a new stereo, but nothing fancy. My friend has a spare Pioneer tape deck sitting here with a 6-disc changer. I gave him an MP3 CD deck recently, I think that might be a fair trade for it.

I've got a spare cone filter sitting in the garage. Maybe toss that on.

are those carbed ea82?i never owned one, but hear they handle well.if you don`t buy alloys, at least pop the hubcaps off and repaint them with wheel spray paint, it will brighten up the look of the car.that would sound nice with a bigger exhaust and a glasspack:brow:

are those carbed ea82?i never owned one, but hear they handle well.if you don`t buy alloys, at least pop the hubcaps off and repaint them with wheel spray paint, it will brighten up the look of the car.that would sound nice with a bigger exhaust and a glasspack:brow:

Well, those wheel covers are going to be tossed when they come off. the RF is severely curb rashed, and the LR is broken, missing a pretty big chunk.

They're EA82, but all XT's were either MPFI (N/A) or Turbo. This is an MPFI.

Oh, and looking at a picture I (finally) found after looking for a while, I think this car may be equipped with the famed spider intake.

As far as getting the car's looks to "pop"... don't worry, insidious ideas like that always go through my head. Remember, I'm a ricer. :lol:

I walked over to CompUSA to do some price checking today... was looking for the Kia, didn't see it. Didn't think to look for a Subaru! damn.

Actually, I was out today. Tweaked my back. I have 4 weeks of vacation + 5 sick days... figured it would be worth taking one to keep from hurting myself worse.

I'll be back tomorrow. And maybe one of these days I'll stop being shy and stop by and say hi.